Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Fever

I know, technically it is Spring. But the weather we have been having here in Northern Illinois (and probably throughout much of the upper Midwest) has been anything but Springy. Today, it was in the 20s here! I guess that's really not all that unusual, but since this Winter was brutal, I am just really looking forward to some sunny and mild weather!

And that, in turn, has affected my art.

I'm currently working on two separate projects simultaneously for Advanced Illustration. One is a book cover for Mary Poppins (which I don't have images of) and the other, or others, are Spring flower icons to be used on product. I'm thinking wrapping paper, desktop wallpaper (for myself or anyone who would want to use it), umbrellas, rain boots...possibilities are endless.


Poppies- my favorite flower! I pretty much can't do a piece with flowers in it without including poppies. They're just so whimsical in their own way, how they all bend and point in different directions. When I think of my idea of what bliss would be, it is a never-ending field of red poppies.

Daisies - they're just cute and sweet and oh, so Springy!

Pansies - whenever I see Pansies, I think of my grandmother because they were her favorite flower, so I guess that there is a deeper meaning in there. But the reality is, I was in Advanced Illustration, and my instructor, who was setting up still lifes found some silk pansies and asked if I wanted to draw and paint them. But they are very colorful and I love color!
 
Anyway, here's some of the stuff I've done so far with the icons:
 A desktop. It should be 1024 x 768 pixels when you click it so it is usable. But please credit me, if possible.

A poppy bubble umbrella mock-up. I am currently in the market for a new umbrella and I've had bubble umbrellas, in particular, on the brain. I can't seem to find one online (because that is literally the only place they sell them!) that I like enough so I designed one. Sure, I don't have the money or resources to actually have one made (yet), but it's nice to daydream a little.

I'm also currently working on making Teddy Bear Sunflower icons as well. My friend Leslie suggested I draw them. I have to admit, they look pretty cool:

 Do you guys have any suggestions for other things I should use these icons for? Comment and let me know :)






No comments:

Post a Comment