Thursday, March 17, 2011

Skull

Just wanted to post this painting I just did this evening. It was probably a 1.5 hour painting. I like it. It's not my best work, but I'll keep it.



It's actually kind of nice to break free from Illustration every once in a while. Although, I guess you still would call this an illustration because I drew it and inked it. But I was looking at it right in front of me as I drew it and it's a still life, so maybe it could be classified as fine art as well. I always think of illustrations as things that I make up completely from my mind or things that are made up of a bunch of other already existing things...maybe I'm wrong?

Anyway, I found that I really like using Indigo, French Ultramarine, Burnt Sienna and Teal in paintings. I just love how well those colors go together. In a way, it's made my paintings a bit darker, more "grown-up", for lack of a better term, which isn't a bad thing. I want to be versatile.

And...the zig-zaggy drip was not intentional. Making the paint drip was, but the zig-zag was pure chance. Not sure if I like it or not. It almost looks forced.

Leave me some comments! Even some constructive criticism is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment