Monday, March 28, 2011

Mary and the Sunflowers

That could be a really cool band name. Just a thought.

Anyway, I finished my Mary Poppins book cover illustration and wanted to share it:


What few people know is that Mary Poppins was a book before she was a hit Disney movie and Broadway Musical. The first of the eight-book series by P.L. Travers was published in 1934 and the last in 1988! That is a long time--54 years!

I grew up loving Mary Poppins. I loved the movie, I loved the songs. Everything about that story is pure magic! I suppose it was only a matter of time before I did a piece involving the wonderful magical nanny.

Also, I wanted to show my Teddy Bear Sunflowers that I painted the other day. Hopefully tomorrow at school, I can do some more stuff with these flower icons to make some cool product ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment