Sunday, April 24, 2011

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Illustrations

I'm on another Doctor Who kick. The new season just started yesterday and my Whovian heart is beating out of my chest. I'm so excited!

I'm also about to start my very last week of school, probably ever, and for my final illustration project, I wanted to illustrate something very near and dear to my heart: Doctor Who of course. Ha! See how I came full circle there?

So I decided to do a series of product illustrations, featuring Doctor Who-related things/characters that could be placed on almost anything that fans would buy: t-shirts, mugs, pins, teapots...what have you. I haven't done any mock-ups yet, but here are the illustrations...and I also did more handwritten fonts, which is surely becoming one of my new hobbies:

Dalek...with two variations of "Exterminate". lol I got really spatter-y with some of these. I was looking at another illustrator that I found on tumblr and was very inspired by her usage of spatter.





The TARDIS...of course you have to have the big blue box--complete with sound effects!




Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey Stuff...that is basically what time is, according to the Doctor.
The Doctor and Amy Pond silhouettes with text inside. I liked how the silhouettes I did for Sense & Sensibility turned out, so I thought I'd try it again, but with a twist.




And some floating head icons...I'm surprised by how good at drawing Matt Smith's face I have become. I probably over exaggerated his hair, though...maybe not?
 
Whovians out there, let me know what you guys think! SERIOUSLY! Would you all buy things with these on them if I sold them?





No comments:

Post a Comment