Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Lovely Day

Well, weather-wise at least!

The thermometer on my desktop says 72 degrees! Woooooo! Normally I'm not a warm-weather person. Not a chilly weather person either, but this winter was awful and I just wanted to feel the warm breeze on my face.  I only have three weeks left of school...maybe less than that. I'm actually itching to get out. I've just been so stressed lately and I'm really getting excited for my trip to Maine with Sons of Turner! I know it probably won't be 72 degrees there, but we'll have the ocean, which is way better!

Anyway, in honor of this fresh, Springy day, I thought I'd show some fresh, Springy illustrations. They're kind of in-progress at the moment. I still need to do lots of digital work to them and maybe add some more line work. But basically, these are the illustrations I did for two Marc Jacobs perfume ads for my advanced illustration class.

Daisy:
 This is for the special edition Daisy fragrance, hence the red bottle. But I wanted to make the girl kind of sweet, preppy, a little mod (to go with the theme of the perfume). I wanted her to embody the spirit that is Daisy by Marc Jacobs. And yes, she is wearing clothing from the Marc Jacobs Spring 2011 line.

Lola:
 Lola is slightly more wild and exotic than Daisy, but judging by the classiness of the bottle, I wasn't about to make her too much in the opposite direction. I just wanted her to be kind of sassy, with a playful attitude. I think I accomplished that. My teacher said she should look "fierce". Haha, I don't know if she's supposed to be "fierce". He also said he would never say that word ever again.

I did illustrations for three other Marc Jacobs perfumes as well. I just haven't put them up here yet. Next week in class, will be all digital editing and creating the ads. Hopefully they'll look good enough to feel like they belong in the pages of VOGUE.

No comments:

Post a Comment