Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Back from Maine


As many of you know, I was in Maine with the Sons of Turner all last week, Boothbay, Maine, to be exact! It was a wonderful trip. I had a great time and I will never forget it!

Art-wise, I'd say it was very inspiring. I didn't do as much painting as I would have liked, mostly due to the weather. We did a lot of outdoor painting, but unfortunately, it was cold and rainy pretty much everyday. So it became impossible to paint a full picture in the rain and sitting in the cold was almost unbearable at times. I did do most of my painting around the dining room table and I did come out of this trip with a few paintings that I really enjoy. Plus, I took a lot of pictures that can be used as references. I want to start working on some new paintings based off photos as soon as I can. As of right now, though, I'm still trying to catch up with my sleep and get back into my normal home routine. I graduated from college yesterday and so this is really my first normal day back home.

Just wanted to share a few images that I took. I also plan on scanning the paintings that I did soon, so keep an eye out.





















No comments:

Post a Comment