Thursday, September 9, 2010

I'm still around!

Sorry for the lack of updates this Summer. You know how you say you're going to do something, with every intention of doing it, and then, life happens and you find yourself regretting making any promises in the first place? Well, that is what happened. I didn't do NEARLY as much art as I would have hoped this Summer. In my defense, I did work a lot (you know, in order to actually be able to afford all the expensive supplies I need). I know that there are no excuses in this industry, though, and for that I truly am sorry.

I do plan on making it up to you, though. Hopefully that plan won't fly out the window as well.

I just started my Senior year of college at the American Academy of Art last week and I'm proud to say that I have a few pieces in the making. This semester, I'm taking Advertising Illustration, which, as the name suggests deals with illustrations made for advertisements and product design. And there is a strong design element that goes along with this class since in most adds and packaging design, there is text involved. You have to know the best spot in which to place the text, what font to use, what color the font should be...etc. I'm hoping my design skills are up to par. Bad design can ruin a good illustration.

I am also taking a Beginning Photography class. I did not choose to take it, but I'm trying to enjoy it. Yes, trying. We shall see how that goes. I'm taking it day by day.

One of the classes I was most excited for this semester was Watercolor II, my final class. I am enjoying it. I just added masking fluid to my first piece, which I will explain to you another time. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping my skills don't fail me. I want to ace this class.

So, long story short, I should be getting things rolling again soon with more updates. Just stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment